It’s a tough world out there with lots of competitors chipping away at your business. You need to ensure your business survives through:
- Maximising the opportunities from your existing customers
- Creating and retaining new customers
- Implementing targeted marketing communications programmes
To assure continued success you need to take stock of your current marketing strategy but it’s not easy, there’s so much to do and so little time and the technology is changing so fast – it’s difficult to keep up!
There is a time and place for each but you need to understand the where and when and how and bring all of these disparate activities together into one coherent marketing strategy.
So how do I put together my marketing plan and where do I start?
Like all good stories you need to start at the beginning by understanding your business requirements. This entails asking yourself lots of questions. What is it you want to achieve? How will you do this? What resources will you need? How much will it cost? What’s my time frame to achieve this?…..
Hone your answers at each stage of the process by continually asking one of the most important but rarely used questions – WHY?
You need to identify your target markets and understand the pain points of your target audience Then you can put together the story of how you can resolve the issues faced by your audience, identify methods of acquiring new customers and understand the channels you need to develop to reach that audience. From this you will be able to:
- Define your business objectives
- Formulate and implement a customer centred marketing and communications strategy to improve business opportunities and drive growth
- Develop segment based marketing plans for your organisation and exploit new product/service and market opportunities
- Look at ways to increase profitability from your existing customer base
- Implement a lead management process
- Review your metrics
That’s a lot to take in if you’re also spending most of your time on day-to-day operational business matters. Sometimes it pays to bring someone in from outside your business to look at your plan with fresh eyes and there are plenty of marketing consultants across Devon and Cornwall who can do this.
But in the words of Rick Page “Hope is not a strategy”
If your current marketing activities are under-delivering, if your lead generation campaigns have stalled, or if you want to give your content a boost through online advertising, or you’d like someone to work with you on your marketing strategy, we can help so get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today on 01803 413481 or email email@example.com